The IRA Charitable Rollover
For more than 100 years, Morris Hospital has been dedicated to improving the health of our community. As a non-profit hospital, philanthropy plays a critical role in our ability to not only deliver services, but to provide for families in need of compassionate care. Your support allows us to offer quality health care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
Here is another tax-wise giving opportunity.
The IRA charitable rollover is now permanent and is a terrific way to make a tax-free gift to Morris Hospital using your qualified retirement plan. This gift may also satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Morris Hospital Foundation
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA account
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
- Gifts can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You will not pay taxes on your IRA withdrawal when gifted to Morris Hospital Foundation
- You may direct your gift to a hospital program or area of your choice
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact in the lives of patients and their families
The Office of Gift Planning can provide you with a letter to send to your IRA administrator to make an IRA charitable rollover.
For more information on this gift or any other of our gift planning options, please contact:
Auxiliary & Foundation Officer